Foreign Trade Zone No. 62 consistently ranks in the Top 3 U.S. FTZs for exports
The Port of Brownsville is the grantee for Foreign Trade Zone No. 62 and offers sites at the port, Brownsville-South Padre Island International Airport, Valley International Airport, Harlingen Industrial Park and Airpark, NAFTA Industrial Park and FINSA Industrial Park at Los Indios. FTZ No. 62 is one of the largest in the U.S., and the largest in Texas. Merchandise from every continent passes through FTZ No. 62. Over 2,300 acres are available for usage.
All the peripheral services needed to support the zone are present in the form of banks, customs brokers, trucking services, freight forwarders, etc. Warehouse space is available from private owners, or a company may lease land and construct its own facilities.
Located on the Texas-Mexico border, FTZ No. 62 is ideally situated to take advantage of “twin plant” operations.
TOP FTZ IN THE U.S.
- Foreign Trade Zone No. 62 is ranked No. 2 in the nation for the value of exports
- Ranked No. 18 overall among all FTZs in the nation for the value of imports
- Exported commodities valued at $4.3 billion
- Imported commodities valued at $4.6 billion
- Top three commodities: petroleum products, steel and metals