Port Police/Security: (956) 509-2100
Harbor Master Office Dispatch: (956) 831-8256
U.S. Coast Guard – MSD Unit: (956) 832-0517
In case of emergency dial 9-1-1
The primary entrance to the port is at the intersection of SH 550 and SH 48. The hours of operation for the SH 550 entrance are 24/7, 365 days. The secondary entrance is through the Foust Road gate. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Foust gate is closed on weekends.
Requirements for entering the port
- Transportation Worker’s Identification Credential (TWIC)
- State-issued driver license
- Port of Brownsville identification cards
- U.S. Work Visa or Border Crossing Card as carried by Mexican national truck drivers and issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Photocopies of acceptable forms of identification
- Any form of ID that appears to have been tampered with or falsified
Specific guidelines that all persons entering the port must follow
Any person allowed access to the secured areas of the Port of Brownsville must proceed directly to their intended destination, may not access any restricted area (where signage advises of such) without the proper credentials and authority, abide by all the rules and regulations of each regulated facility and drive in a safe manner obeying all traffic laws.
U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Security (MARSEC) Levels
MARSEC Levels are set to reflect the prevailing threat environment to the marine elements of the national transportation system, including ports, vessels, facilities, and critical assets and infrastructure located on, or adjacent to, waters subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. MARSEC Levels apply to vessels, Coast Guard-regulated facilities inside the U.S., and to the Coast Guard.
Current MARSEC Level: